The Telegraph have produced a list of the warmest places in the UK for a holiday, mostly focused around the south of the UK.
See what you think about the list (temps are average annual temperature per year):
1. St Helier Harbour on Jersey – 12.1°C (53.8°F)
2. St Mary’s Airport, Isles of Scilly – 11.9°C (53.4°F)
3. St Helier on Jersey – 11.8°C (53.2°F)
4. Lancresse on Guernsey – 11.8°C (53.2°F)
5. Central London – 11.7°C (53.1°F)
6. Round Island on the Isles of Scilly – 11.7°C (53.1°F)
7. St Mary’s on the Isles of Scilly – 11.6°C (52.9°F)
8. Pendennis Point in Cornwall – 11.4°C (52.5°F)
9. St James’s Park in London – 11.4°C (52.5°F)°C°F
There are 5 places which tie for the number 10 slot with an average temperature of 11.3°C (52.3°F):
Greenwich in London
Isle of Grain in Kent
Penlee Gardens in Penzance, Cornwall
Portland in Dorset
Ryde on the Isle of Wight
The full list of warmest places including pictures of nice warm places is on the Telegraph web site.
Oh and little note to the Telegraph travel dept – “Britain” does not include the Channel Islands, which is only under the United Kingdom.