That’s the principle behind a new VisitGuernsey campaign, which is recruiting locals as ‘ambassadors’ for the island, sharing their own experiences with potential new visitors. The ‘ambassadors’ are being encouraged to pass on Love Guernsey cards to people they meet whilst on their travels in the UK and overseas, giving them a pocket-sized insight into Guernsey and why they love it so much:
- Love the beaches: In Guernsey you can choose from 27 different stunning beaches and bays to picnic, sit back and relax – and even take to the water for swimming when the weather is good!
- Love the nature: The island has more than 28 miles of spectacular clifftop paths to explore, while with a maximum speed limit of no more than 35mph, it is a delight to discover on two wheels too!
- Love the people: If you are travelling to Guernsey, expect to meet some of the friendliest people you will ever chat to – smiling, cheerful and always happy to help…
- Love the weather: Guernsey is geographically much closer to France than the UK and, with a warmer climate, there are plenty of opportunities to be outdoors.
- Love the food: Menus suit all tastes and budgets with naturally a strong seafood element (freshly caught!), rich local dairy produce and, of course, the influence of France.
- Love the events: From floral weeks to hiking festivals and from food feasts to open castle nights, Guernsey’s annual calendar is packed with wonderful fun events. This Friday, for example, the 13th Tennerfest starts and visitors to Guernsey can look forward to six weeks of great meals at fixed prices, starting from £10!
The credit card sized Love Guernsey cards unfold to show pictures of some of Guernsey’s key attractions and best features. They also have a map showing the island’s location, and – most importantly – contact details to gain more information.
Love Guernsey cards are available for potential ambassadors to pick up at Guernsey’s airport and St Peter Port harbour before they travel off-island.